We're looking for:
Umbraco Web Developer
At Ph.Creative we have a vision that one day everyone will love their job. We want to help everyone find their perfect job in a perfectly matched team.
We’re a globally-recognised leading employer branding agency. We’re changing how businesses prioritise the value of who they are as an employer, and we’re committed to helping them discover the true value they can offer to the people who join them.
If you were to sit with the team at Ph, whether in Liverpool, London, New York or San Diego, you would see people who care about the work and care about each other. There’s a relaxed vibe. They have a confidence in their work and the skill, drive, and grit to get things done.
It’s so nice to work amongst smart, creative people who each have the autonomy to make a judgement call, to fix something that’s not working or to attempt something that’s not been done before. It’s not for everyone, but for people who love energetic collaboration, bouncing around ideas, operating outside of traditional thinking and challenging conventions, Ph. can be a lot of fun.
“We’re a really close team. Everyone’s contribution is valued, and we celebrate our success, together”
Work within a skilled team of Front and Back-End developers and utilise your back-end skills to help us create beautiful web-sites and web applications for our clients. Using your knowledge of .NET and Umbraco, you will help us drive forward all client projects, whilst acting as an enthusiast for best practice, sharing your knowledge and expertise with your team and across the agency.
- Previous web development experience
- Good knowledge of .NET Framework / Umbraco
- Experience with developing ASP.NET MVC
- Good working knowledge of HTML5/CSS
- Experience of using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Preferably Educated to degree level, or equivalent (desirable)
- Familiarity with other content management systems (desirable)
- Experience of integrating with web-services (WCF / SOAP / WEB API / REST) (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of SQL and databases (desirable)
- Experience writing specifications and gathering requirements (desirable)
- Create new and exciting web applications for a variety of different clients and sectors, as well as working to improve existing sites
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by a Front-End Developers with server side logic
- Work with both Front-end developers and Designers, to bridge the gap between design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides, defining how the applications work
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle, focusing on coding, testing, debugging and deployment
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs/flaws within websites and applications
- Assist in critical support issues where your experience is required to ascertain the issue quickly and to find the more appropriate resolution
- Efficiently manage your workload and accurately record your time
- Keep up to date with best practice in web development and suggest new processes, tools and technologies
“It’s exciting to see our projects develop, and very satisfying when clients tell us they love what we’ve done for them”
We’re creative, effective, brave, and fun, and we want you to be too.
So here’s a couple of questions for you…
- Are you brave enough to reject work that’s not good enough to put in front of your clients?
- Are you open to exploring new ways to find the solutions we need to deliver client success?
- Are you willing to think like an owner and prioritise doing the right thing by your clients?
- Do you take your work seriously and put yourself into everything you deliver?
- And, at the same time, do you remember not to take yourself too seriously?
You can tell the answers we're looking for. So you should have a pretty good idea what it takes to fit right in here. But what’s in it for you?
Benefits & Perks
Not only do you get to become a member of the Ph. family; a dedicated and eclectic bunch who like to work hard, produce results and put creativity at the heart of everything we do but you will also get:
- Unlimited holidays
- Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance cover
- Peer to peer reward scheme
Want to find somewhere that you love working?
If we get to meet you we’ll want to learn more about your experience, learn more about how you tackle a challenge, and about your approach to collaboration.
We want to meet someone we can trust to handle responsibility with professionalism and energy, someone who can learn from those around them and can develop others, too. You'll also be relaxed enough to remember to smile, and remind people why working with us is fun.
* indicates a required field