We're looking for:
Midweight Digital Project Manager
What We Do:
We love the struggle
What do we mean by that? Well, when you find the struggle you love you find a home, a purpose, the successes you want for yourself. It’s the challenges you relish, rather than avoid.
No great piece of creative communications was ever born without a struggle behind it, be it a film, a book, a piece of marketing or anything else that’s succeeded.
That’s why we’re Defenders of Happiness.
To love the struggle is to find happiness in something you’re passionate about and having what it takes to make it all worthwhile.
Happiness to us isn’t just pleasure, it’s victory in what we do.
And what is that? We’re a full-service employer brand communications agency, and we always sell the truth. We change the way people think about the companies we work with and help them thrive.
Our highly effective creativity, tech, and experience model is fuelled by our disruptive ‘Give and Get’ approach.
To work here, you need to love the struggle. The energy and momentum created by a team focused on a shared goal can be difficult to keep up with and overwhelming if you let it. Our shared passion creates relentless high expectations, so there’s often nowhere to hide.
The upshot is you often surprise yourself with your own progress, and when you ask for help or have an ambitious idea, people will offer support without question. We believe if you love what you do, you’ll move us forward, but that comes with the expectation to do just that.
Progress, results, and new creative solutions are relished, rewarded, and celebrated. That’s how to find happiness at Ph.Creative.
“We work with brilliant clients on challenging creative projects.”
We need a Midweight Digital Project Manager to manage our digital projects.
As an expert in delivery and somebody who’s frankly a little obsessed with organisation, you’ll oversee a number of projects, ensuring the smooth delivery of digital projects that will be showcased all around the world. Via our industry-unique 7D framework, you’ll be tasked with delivering every project on budget, on time, and to schedule.
From pitch to project plan and extending beyond successful delivery, you’ll be a magician at managing time. Delays don’t faze you, because you’re cool as a cucumber when coming up with practical and realistic solutions to keep things on track. You’re a master of communication, checking in with everyone on the team consistently to make sure everything’s ticking along nicely. Through experience (and asking the right questions when you don’t know the answer), you can plot and plan time in the development studio (which consists of digital designers, front end and back end developers and testers) for every stage of delivery, ensuring quality without compromise on every one of your accounts.
Production’s no easy task here at Ph. Our schedules are packed, we’re all really busy, and there’s not a lot of flex. You’re also working with developers who don’t love being interrupted, so staying in touch can be a challenge! Saying that, if you’re up for a challenge, this really is the perfect environment for you to thrive and make a mark. You’ll be an enabler for the production of world-class, award-winning digital work. We’re committed to your development through effective mentorship, so you’ll enjoy growth while being part of a constantly moving chain of events. The work you help deliver will delight clients, and you’ll be part of changing people’s lives all over the world for the better.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Plan, present, and control projects, budgets, and timelines from pitch to delivery and beyond.
- Understand all stages of digital projects from initial requirements gathering through to design consultation with development and beyond to testing and deployment.
- Play a dynamic role in our Project Teams, each comprising a Lead Digital Designer, Lead Developer, and Account Director. Communicating constantly with each other and leaving no room for uncertainty.
- Have experience of running Inbound projects comprising of Social/PPC/SEO and other media channels.
- Build relationships with stakeholders both internal and external to achieve key milestones and deliver success. Use your amazing communication skills to connect with key stakeholders and understand the task at hand.
- Report on project budgets and recognition weekly with the management team. Stay one step ahead of the game, spotting potential delays or hiccups well before they arise, and come up with proactive solutions to deal with them smoothly.
- Ensure all time booked and tracked on your project is accurate. The data on your projects is in your hands, and it’s up to you to make sure the data reflects the real situation.
- Identify efficiencies where you can and take advantage of these opportunities without compromising your team members.
- Make sure studio resource is booked as much as possible on billable work, aiming for capacity targets set by management.
- Be familiar with time tracking systems, ideally Harvest and Forecast.
- Take an active role in our daily agile scrum sessions. Identify any project issues and escalate them when required.
What You'll Need to Bring
- 2-5 years’ digital project management experience, preferably in a digital agency.
- Good understanding of the digital project process and how they feed into each other (e.g. design into FED etc), with curiosity to understand each stage of the process so you can accurately allocate time for its completion.
- Experience of running testing and launch plans
- Ability to deal with different characters with pragmatism and flex.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and agility in the face of challenge. An unflappable nature means you stay calm under pressure.
- Solid working knowledge of Harvest, Forecast, Team Gantt, and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Confidence in acting autonomously, but a great team player, building positive relationships all around.
- The ability to assess issues prior to or as they arise, deciding whether to respond or escalate.
“There’s real satisfaction in seeing projects through from an initial discussion to a finished product. Everyone here works hard to deliver great results.”
Every business talks about values. We talk about them more than most, though, because we spend so much time helping our clients define their true values to attract the talent they need.
So, our values aren’t just words we like the sound of; they’re our principles and our behaviours, they’re the bedrock of our business and the spirit at the heart of all of us that work here. Here’s what you need to succeed at Ph:
INTENSITY AUDACITY INTEGRITY
How Do We Expect You To Show Intensity?
It’s about truly immersing yourself in your work. You’ll give each and every project your full attention regardless of your heavy workload and tight, unrealistic deadlines. You’ll know inside yourself that something is not as good as it could be, and you’ll be willing to lose sleep over it until you get there. It’s about working smart, working hard, and working generously with the exceptional talent around you to deliver real quality. You’ll embrace the long hours, you’ll push yourself forward for more responsibility and more accountability, and you’ll squeeze dry every opportunity that comes your way.
How Do We Expect You To Show Audacity?
It’s about an audacity of ideas: dreaming up and delivering bold and brave concepts which improve the way we do things; which leave our clients speechless in our creativity; which make the best talent pay attention; and which win awards. You’ll have an audacity of approach in your work, leaving no stone unturned; trying, failing, learning, and improving, striving to find the best solution for the challenges you’ll face every day and not being constrained in your thinking. You’ll be looking for ways to develop our processes, procedures, and people. An audacity of attitude, going that bit further and never, ever, settling for anything less than excellence.
How Do We Expect You To Show Integrity?
A role at Ph is all about making a valuable, professional contribution to our projects. Empathising, respecting, and relishing the diversity of our growing team’s skills, backgrounds, and experience. It’s about channelling the many challenges that each project brings into positive action and learning. You’ll be true to your word, reliable and conscientious, and you’ll build upon the high standards we set for ourselves. It’s about keeping the best interests of our colleagues, our business, and our clients firmly at the heart of all that you do. You’ll push back when you need to so that standards don’t slip, and you’ll always refuse to compromise. You’ll set an example, inspire, and be the person with whom everyone wants to work.
What You'll Get
We devised the ‘give and get’ approach to our work to best illustrate what we expect from our people and what they can expect from Ph.
So, in return for your intensity, audacity, and integrity, we’ll tick all the boxes you would expect in terms of salary, benefits, flexible working, and personal development. But there’s much more on offer.
We listen and execute on great ideas that have been well researched and thought through, no matter where those ideas come from or whoever brings them to us. Which means smart people with the right attitude can go far quickly. And you’ll have the exhilaration and satisfaction of working on multiple projects with incredible brands. It’s fast, frantic, frustrating, and not for the faint-hearted, but your work will honestly go around the world.
You’ll work hard to find the best solutions; shape the support we put around you to help you deliver at your best; explore new technologies, techniques, and tactics; and find pride in all you do. It’s about having the drive to ignore the easy options and to choose instead to do work that makes a difference to everyone it touches. It’s about defining your career.
- Unlimited holidays
- Birthday day off
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance cover
- Peer to peer reward scheme
Are you running for cover or ready to dive in?
We always sell the truth, no more so than in the way that we talk about ourselves. We love the struggle. If you’re up for the challenge, confident you can thrive in our culture and make a difference for our clients, we encourage you to get in touch. And if you don’t think you are, please don’t.
Contact Sam Fawson today and get the ball rolling.