We're looking for:
Junior Front-end Developer
At Ph.Creative we have a vision that one day everyone will love their job. We want to help everyone find their perfect job in a perfectly matched team.
We’re a globally-recognised leading employer branding agency. We’re changing how businesses prioritise the value of who they are as an employer, and we’re committed to helping them discover the true value they can offer to the people who join them.
If you were to sit with the team at Ph, whether in Liverpool, London, New York or San Diego, you would see people who care about the work and care about each other. There’s a relaxed vibe. They have a confidence in their work and the skill, drive, and grit to get things done.
It’s so nice to work amongst smart, creative people who each have the autonomy to make a judgement call, to fix something that’s not working or to attempt something that’s not been done before. It’s not for everyone, but for people who love energetic collaboration, bouncing around ideas, operating outside of traditional thinking and challenging conventions, Ph. can be a lot of fun.
“It’s really satisfying, especially with such a great range of clients.”
To support a talented and innovative team of Front and Back-end developers, utilising and developing your front-end skills to help us create beautiful websites and web applications for our growing portfolio of clients worldwide.
- Previous web development experience
- Writing HTML5 & CSS3
- Using a CSS Preprocessor such as SASS
- Experience of Responsive Design and Performance Optimisation
- Experience of build tools such as Gulp and Grunt (desirable)
- Experience of using Version Control or Git (desirable)
- Cross-browser compatibility (desirable)
- Good understanding of SEO principles & Accessibility (desirable)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
- Work with the design team to apply and translate designs into code to produce templates ready for a back end developer to plug into Umbraco (CMS).
- Write well structured, reusable code.
- Prioritise accessibility and user experience in all work.
- Create websites for high performance, speed and scalability.
- Assist and support the Back-End developers with maintenance and support, including technical troubleshooting.
“The culture at Ph is amazing, and the work is challenging and fun.”
We’re creative, effective, brave, and fun, and we want you to be too.
Here’s a couple of questions for you…
- Are you brave enough to reject work that’s not good enough to put in front of your clients?
- Are you open to exploring new ways to find the solutions we need to deliver client success?
- Are you willing to think like an owner and prioritise doing the right thing by your clients?
- Do you take your work seriously and put yourself into everything you deliver?
- And, at the same time, do you remember not to take yourself too seriously?
You can tell the answers we're looking for. So you should have a pretty good idea what it takes to fit right in here. But what’s in it for you?
Benefits & Perks
Not only do you get to become a member of the Ph. family; a dedicated and eclectic bunch who like to work hard, produce results and put creativity at the heart of everything we do but you will also get:
- 25 days holiday plus eight days Bank Holiday
- Extra day off for your Birthday
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance cover
- Peer to peer reward scheme
Want to find somewhere that you love working?
If we get to meet you we’ll want to learn more about your experience, learn more about how you tackle a challenge, and your approach to collaboration.
We want to meet someone we can trust to be professional and effective, ready for anything and hungry for more learning and responsibility. You'll also be relaxed enough to remember to smile, and remind people why working with us is fun.