We're looking for:
Head of Global Marketing
At Ph.Creative we have a vision that one day everyone will love their job. We want to help everyone find their perfect job in a perfectly matched team.
We’re a globally recognised leading employer-branding agency. We’re changing how businesses prioritise the value of who they are as an employer and we’re committed to helping them discover the true value they can offer to the people who join them.
If you were to sit with the team at Ph, whether in Liverpool, London, New York or San Diego, you would see people who care about the work and care about each other. There’s a relaxed vibe you get when you sit amongst the team here. They have a confidence in their work and the skill, drive and grit to get things done.
It’s so nice to work amongst smart, creative people who each have the autonomy to make a judgement call, fix something that’s not working or to attempt something we’ve not done before – that’s not unusual at Ph. It’s not for everyone, but for people who love energetic collaboration, bouncing around ideas, operating outside of traditional thinking and challenging conventions, Ph. can be a lot of fun.
“It’s a really creative place and the team is amazing. It’s a great group of friends.”
Are you ready to help spread more happiness in the world? There are companies out there with poor employer branding, we want you to show them the light and lead them our way.
Our vision is for everyone to love their job. We all spend far too much time at work to not love what we do and enjoy the people we’re doing it with us.
Ph.Creative is never going to be a massive, corporate, global giant, we being a boutique, however we get closer to our vision every year by working with the world’s biggest, brightest and bravest employers to impact as many people as possible.
Amongst many others, we have client partners such as Apple, American Airlines, BT, Blizzard Entertainment and Continental.
We believe that if we can help those organizations better articulate who they are and why people should consider working for them, people can make a more informed and educated choice of where they spend their time. They should make those decisions based on culture, benefits, opportunities as well as the harsh realities and challenges they will find too. That’s why our employer branding and approach to EVP is the best in the world. It’s completely different to how the industry traditionally says it should be done. Doing things differently is a common theme at Ph.
We can only achieve our vision if we’re able to show the world’s largest employers why we’re the best damn employer branding agency in the world. We’re making good head way, but not fast enough and that’s where you come in.
How you’ll spend your time;
- Designing an initial tactical battle plan to get things moving while working with business leadership on a more considered and longer-term strategy.
- Setting up processes and procedures to get content, support and assistance from company-wide contributors, subject experts and key stakeholders.
- Managing and sourcing key strategic global partnerships.
- Source and manage industry award entries.
- Source and manage speaking opportunities for our subject matter experts to present.
- Produce compelling case study stories and amplify our successes.
- Develop valuable assets and resources for our audience to devour.
- Designing and managing a global content/social calendar.
- Maintain and develop our little website into a place people come back to regularly.
- Reporting back to senior management with concise, meaningful management data.
- Probably a few things you’ll want to add to this list yourself.
We would be doing cart-wheels if you could also;
- Write creatively and confidently to a very high standard.
- Intuitively inject our personality and character into all of our coms.
- Come equipped with knowledge of our business and industry.
- Be happy to travel occasionally to support key marketing events.
- Evidence strong track record of successful digital marketing strategy.
- Bring a magic wand that actually works.
“There is truly never a dull moment here, it’s fast-paced, we work hard, and we have fun”
At this point, you should know we’re not perfect.
For example, the 5 top reasons to stop reading this job advert and opt out immediately (and there’s probably a few more we can tell you when we meet you) are as follows.
- We’re very entrepreneurial which means we change our mind like the wind and it can be frustrating to have the goal posts moved every now and then.
- We can be reactive and opportunistic when it comes to events, partnership opportunities and marketing content so there’s high pressure a lot of the time due to tight deadlines and even missing information from briefs and requests etc. – so frustrating sometimes.
- We don’t have lots of mature process and procedure in place so there’s a lot of figuring things out on the job required and things are not being done particularly efficiently right now for sure.
- We have extremely high standards which means we can be hard to please sometimes… and we want it done yesterday too, sorry.
- We don’t have big budgets to throw at challenges all the time, so initiative, unconventional thinking and hard work are the only answer a lot of the time.
You will have to confident, organized, self-motivated, inventive, adaptive, creative, experienced and easy-going to cope in this role in this business.
Still reading? Great, we like you a lot already. Let’s talk about your team… You will have virtually no team to begin with. Clients have historically found us via other happy clients or the occasional conference talk we’ll give and that sort of thing. We’ve never needed [and never will need] sales people, however it’s time we got a little more serious about spreading the word about our ‘Defenders of Happiness’.
You will have access to our entire agency of creative brains, wordsmiths, designers, film-makers and hot-air-blowers to develop and manage a marketing department from the ground up.
We have the mighty Holly based in Liverpool England who is bravely fire-fighting at the moment but keen for some full-time leadership and direction. We also have a fabulous intern called Nora who joined just a few days ago but has honestly been like a daughter to us since the start.
Anyway… We’re a bunch of hard-working, fun-loving, team-oriented creatives, hell-bent on changing how organizations position and present themselves to attract, engage and retain top calibre talent that actually want to be there.
In this role as head of marketing, you’ll be leading the charge, spreading the word and forging new ways for us to showcase our creativity, expertise and passion for what we believe in.
What’s more, you can expect to feel warm and fuzzy about;
- Being surrounded by people who care about you and what you’re trying to achieve for us.
- Engaging with an external community of peers and professionals who respect and admire our work.
- Working with a small supportive team filled with some of the most creative people you’ve ever met, capable of experimenting with new formats, disruptive ideas and unconventional methods to showcase our work and spread the word with you.
- Being trusted to just get on with your job uninterrupted (until we need something new and urgently obviously).
- Making incredible and direct impact on the whole agency from the get-go because we’re starting from virtually scratch with so much opportunity waiting for you.
- Growing and nurturing your own team to dive deeper into channels, geographies and niche areas of expertise.
Benefits & Perks
Not only do you get to become a member of the Ph. family; a dedicated and eclectic bunch who like to work hard, produce results and put creativity at the heart of everything we do but you will also get:
- 22 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays)
- Extra day off for your Birthday
- Peer to peer reward scheme
- Contribution to 401(k)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working options available
Want to find somewhere that you love working?
If we get to meet you, we’ll want to learn about your experience managing both digital and non-digital projects.
We want to see someone we can trust to be confident, professional and effective but relaxed enough to remember to smile and remind people why working with us is fun.
Most of all, you are articulate, meticulous and capable of strategic thinking to ensure efficient delivery of our lovely projects.
* indicates a required field